Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Goal Tending

I had another great goal-tending month in February! In addition to registering for the RWA National Conference, I also averaged nearly 1100 words per day and am waiting to hear back on a partial request from an agent. And somehow I have managed to maintain my three times a week Pilates schedule as well.

More good news--my son's dog is finally responding to treatment for diabetes. After two months, blood sugar as high as 692 (no, that isn't a typo), and two kinds of insulin, yesterday he tested at 491 on 35 units of Novolin twice a day. The vet bumped up the dosage to 40 units twice a day, in hopes that may control his blood sugar levels. At $61 a bottle for insulin, I'm paying almost $200 a month for medication. Then there are the weekly visits to the vet, boxes of syringes, urine test strips, special food, etc.

I have decided to add another goal for March. One of my manuscripts has hovered near completion for several weeks, so this month I want to finish it. That will bring my total to four completed 90,000 word manuscripts!

Time to drag those words out of my mind and put them on paper, so to speak.

Mellanie Szereto
Romance...With a Kick!

No comments:

Post a Comment