Monday, February 3, 2014

Author Spotlight--Hennessee Andrews

Welcome to Author Spotlights on Mondays! This week my guest is Hennessee Andrews, another Siren Publishing author. She's here to share some hot cowboys, so show her lots of love!!! Plus her latest book is a free read!

Boots, hats, Wranglers, and balls of steel required…only the fearless need apply.
The XYZ Ranch is scouting for the best of the best, so saddle up, this ride will get rough in the saddle.

Last summer I happened upon the Love Has No Boundaries event. The premise was for readers to post a picture and a prompt for a story they’d love to read. I flipped through countless entries, each met with, “No, no,” and, “Not for me.” The I stumbled across this pic:
The reader wrote: Dear Author, these two guys were childhood friends. They tried to hide their relationship in the rodeo but they got caught so they ran away. That is when they found the gay rodeo. HEA and please not too much angst. Sincerely, Ang.

“Bingo.” A light bulb when off in my head and I had that big, “Ah-ha,” moment. I immediately claimed the story and began writing and thus the free read, Rough in the Saddle, was born. Not long after the release, I began receiving messages from readers asking about other characters in the story. For some reason they were entertained by my three strapping cowboys at the XYZ Ranch and their ménage relationship. A few months went by and I still received messages. “I want to hear about Zander.”
It was then I gave some thought into creating a series, but in order to do so I had to backtrack to the very beginning and tell Zander’s story, thus all stories after my free read are prequels. Zander’s Story spurred on Warren’s Story, and Warren’s Story kicked off Joe Ray’s Story, and then Everett’s Story hit me.
What I like most about this series is the fact each story is different. The characters vary, as well as their naughtiness. Eleven men are contained in five hot tales that are sure to kick start your libido. The original story, Rough in the Saddle, became Macon’s Story. It is still free and always will be. Start your journey with Macon and Wade, courtesy of myself and Siren-Bookstrand.

Macon Sumner loves two things in world. One is taboo, his best friend Wade Sutherland. His second love is the rodeo, where their problems begin. When a nosy reporter clicks a picture at a rodeo, capturing Wade and Macon kissing, life is never the same or relationships with their family and peers.
As outcasts in their small, narrow minded town, Wade and Macon feel the effects daily. Wade becomes secretive with their relationship, foolishly believing that hiding is the answer. What he doesn’t realize is how much harm he is inflicting on Macon by doing so.
Sneaking away for intimate moments with Wade are as hurtful as the glares Macon receives from people who are suppose to be neighbors, friends. Even roping buddies have stopped inviting them to functions. He can’t stand how he feels or how Wade is treating him. When he receives a call from Zander Wesley, he sees a new life and opportunity for him and Wade.

http://www.bookstrand.com/macons-story
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUjgRPKMbgk

Hennessee’s Links
www.hennesseeandrews.blogspot.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/hennessee.andrews
Bookstrand: http://www.bookstrand.com/hennessee-andrews

Go grab that free read!!!

Mellanie Szereto
Romance...With A Kick!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for having me today, Mellanie! XO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Hennessee! Great to have you here! <3

      Delete