Monday, February 10, 2014

Author Spotlight--Honor James

Please welcome this week's Author Spotlight on Mondays guest, Honor James! She's here to share an extra hot excerpt from her latest release, Finding the Blood Assassin. You'll also get to meet Raven and Jamison in a fun character/author interview!

Blurb:
Raven Kato takes the assignments no one else will, the suicide missions, the ones with a low probability of success. He doesn’t care about the risks or the chances of survival. He’s all for going out in a blaze of glory. As long as it helps his people and keeps the Vampire race at the top of the food chain, he’s all for it.

Jamison Montague is tired of being called upon to find people. Some folks just don’t want to be found. Her newest assignment is a prime example of that. Unfortunately she doesn’t have a lot of choice in the matter once she gets a read on her target. But what she ends up being pulled into may very well end not only her career, but her life.

Together this unlikely pair will have to find a way to get along, for they will all too soon have to depend on one another for everything. Not only their survival in a deadly game to which they don’t know the rules, but for their very future and happiness. As danger starts to close in, as their opponents are revealed, and as their hearts become involved, they will have to make the hardest choice of all. Fight for what they want, or give in and give up.

Excerpt:
“What do you want, Raven?” she asked softly. “I’m through pushing, Raven, either you want me or you don’t. Tell me, please? What do you want, what do you need?” She shouldn’t have to push herself into his life, into his heart, but it seemed that was all she had been doing since she met him. She had been pushing, shoving, and trying to find a place for her inside of his heart, and frankly she was tired. She didn’t know how much she had left in her to give.

Opening his eyes, he stared at her and, with fear lighting them, he sucked in a deep breath. His tongue slid over his lip as he fought some internal battle. Then he whispered only one word. “You.”

Her tears slipped free as she nodded. “And I need you, my lord. Please keep me? Love me?” Her hand touched his cheek. “Become one with me?” she whispered. “Make me forget everything that happened the last week? Help me just remember you, no one else but you?”

He didn’t understand what she wanted. He’d never had a female say things like this to him before. Hell, he rarely let those he used speak. Shaking his head, he stared at her in open confusion. “I don’t know what you want, Jamison,” he murmured, the admission painful to a man that normally was on top of everything. “What do you want?” he asked, a whisper of desperation in his voice.

“I want you, Raven. I want your love, I need your love.” Stepping in closer, she added, “I want you, Raven. I’ve wanted you to come together with me since I met you.” She licked her lips. “Remember what I said when I sent you away from me while on my ship?” She slid her hand down his neck to his chest. “Love me, Raven.”

Closing his eyes, he held her to him and nodded slowly before, in a quick move, he pulled the shirt she was wearing off over her head. Pushing at the pants she wore, he lifted her from them before he reached for his own shirt and tugged it off. He didn’t immediately reach for his pants. He needed to touch all her skin and so he did, sliding his hands over her, gently awed that she’d let him touch her, awed at how soft her flesh was and how beautiful she was. Then his eyes dropped to her breasts and he saw the wounds there, the bruises and the scarring, and he felt anger light up his eyes.

She shook her head and tears trembled on her lower lids. “Don’t think about them, please. This is for us, Raven. I need this for us so that we can get past that pain?” She took his hand in hers and placed it over one of the damaged breasts. “Show me a good touch to replace the pain?”

Gently, he cupped her wounded flesh and, lowering his head, he pressed a soft kiss to the wound on one and then the other. Sliding his tongue lightly over the bruises, he moved his arms to wrap around her. Lifting her, he carried her toward the long backless sofa in his study and, laying her down, he removed his pants and boots. Kneeling at her side, he stroked his hand down her body as he leaned in to press a kiss to her lips, capturing her full lower one between his teeth in a sharp but bloodless bite as his hand slid between her legs to gently stroke her pussy.

Her legs spread for him, a silent gift of permission for him to move his hands over her as he wished. “Raven, that feels so very nice,” she moaned out. Her hips began to move against his fingers even as his teeth moved over her cheeks, jaw, and then neck. “I love you, Raven, so much I love you.”

Closing his eyes as pain assailed him at her words, he wished, truly wished, that he could give them in return, but he couldn’t. Nibbling over her skin he teased her, his fingers delving deep into her pussy as he tasted every inch of her smooth flesh. Gently and reverently, he took one of her nipples into his mouth, and instead of suckling, he just soothed the wounds with his tongue, licking and sliding his tongue over her flesh as gently as he could.

Her hands moved into his hair as she held him to her, and after several minutes, she whimpered. “More, Raven. I need more from you. Please, Ra, help me be ready for you.” Pressing a second finger into her slick pussy, he stroked her, stretched her. Looking up he saw her open her mouth, her lips moving even as no sound escaped. Her head thrashed side to side as her hips lifted to meet each push of his fingers into her tight body. In the next moment she shivered, her body moved up and down on his fingers once, twice more. Then, before she could get out whatever she was trying to say, her eyes went wide and she climaxed, her head thrown back on a low, keening sound of pleasure.

Lifting his head slightly, he watched her come for him. His fingers drenched in her juices, her pussy clutching at the digits, and her face a show of pure ecstasy. Pushing a third finger into her body, he continued to stroke her even as he moved down her body, his mouth licking and nibbling at her tender flesh. When he reached the end of the long couch, he pulled his fingers free and, in one move, pulled her to him, draping her legs over his shoulders even as he buried his face in her pussy and began to lick and suckle at her flesh.

Jami had never felt anything as intense and pleasurable as what Raven was giving her. Hands moved to his hair and held onto him while his lips and tongue ravaged her weeping cunt. Her hips rotated, lifted. She tried to move with him and take everything he offered her as he did so. “Raven, please.” She begged because she was just so close.

He was drowning in her scent, in her taste, in the feel of all her flesh surrounding him. Before he could think on it, Raven gave into the beast a little and did something he never had before. Lifting his head, he sank his teeth into her mound and drank from her as he pushed three fingers deep into her body and coaxed her to splinter for him.

Buy Link: http://www.bookstrand.com/finding-the-blood-assassin

Character/Author Interview:
Jamison: Honor James was ever so kind enough to write the love story of our lives so we felt it only fair that we should give her a little break from the heavy lifting and do an interview with her, in reverse.
Raven: It’s not a love story woman; it’s an action story with mayhem and near death experiences.
Jamison: We fall in love and live happily ever after, Raven, it’s a DAMNED LOVE STORY!

(Yes, even the crickets were quiet after that display)

Jamison: Honor, thank you for the lovely retelling of our lives, we’re very excited to have people read about how Raven and I met and all we had to overcome to be together. What is the hardest part of writing a story for you?
Honor: Not at all, Jamison, I was more than happy to do it. That’s a good question and has several answers. Sometimes figuring out just who the characters of the story are is tough. Other times it’s trying to decide what to reveal about who they are and when. The absolute hardest part of every single story I’ve written though has to be the ending. I truly hate saying goodbye.

J: *sniffles & wipes at her eyes*
R: *rolls eyes & passes her a tissue* Honor, when you are editing do you have a method to the madness?
H: Not really. I have great editors over at Siren who help me figure out what I’ve missed, what I’ve glossed over and what I’ve royally screwed up. Without them I have no idea what any of my stories might have ended up like.

J: Where do you get your inspiration for your stories?
H: Honestly? I probably shouldn’t admit this, but it’s the truth so I’ll share, dreams mainly. Weird, totally f-ed up dreams. I often wake up and flash back to my dream and then in a mad dash try and jot down as much as I remember of it as possible as quickly as possible. Then I usually show it to my sister and ask for her opinion and assistance in figuring it out. I think I may have turned her into an alcoholic because of the dreams. Just kidding…probably.

R: When you are writing your books do you have any rituals or superstitions?
H: Not really. Depending on the book I will play certain music to fit the mood I’m trying to go for in it. Or, if I’m having trouble I may watch some TV or a movie or read a book until something jars loose. Other than a caffeinated beverage and, usually but not always, something chocolate, I don’t really have any pre-writing rituals.

J: Oh, they are telling us now that we have to cut this short.
R: What if we weren’t done damn it?
J: What did I tell you about cleaning up your language, Ra?
R: *grumbles something incoherent*
J: We will be talking when we get home, my lord. Honor, thank you so very much for letting us switch roles today. We are looking forward to the next book in this series. Anything you could perhaps hint about in regards to it?
H: All I will say, or rather hint about, is that it will have a blast from the past in it and the female lead character will be different from any of the others so far.
J: Great! Now I really want to read it. Do you have something you could show me later?
H: Well…okay, stop by my office later and I’ll let…

I'm finding myself in the mood to read about vampires...

Mellanie Szereto
Romance... With A Kick!

No comments:

Post a Comment