Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Wednesday's Recipe--Dilled Salmon

Wednesday is here again, and I'm ready for summer. I think my yard has been snow-less two days since December first. Right now, It's a mixture of two inches of sleet glazed over with a thin coating of ice, another two inches of sleet glazed over with about half an inch of ice, and about six inches or so of snow. I've had to wear my YakTrax to walk the dog for the last week.

An upside to blustery winter weather? I huddle over the keyboard, working on more Sextet stories. My Volume 5 contribution is coming along at 12K words, with positive feedback from fellow Sextet writers Cheryl Brooks and Paige Matthews. I need to work on Volume 3's final polish, then it'll be ready to submit to our editor at Siren Publishing. And I'm thinking ahead to Volumes 6 and 7. That means easy meals and lots of writing and research!



Dilled Salmon

Fresh or frozen salmon fillets (I prefer the tail portion--no bones)
salt
pepper
dill
margarine (about 1 1/2 tablespoons per pound of salmon)

Remove skin from salmon. Hint--use a very sharp knife with partially frozen salmon. Salt and pepper both sides. Let stand 10 minutes.
Preheat a cast iron skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Add margarine and melt to an even coating in the bottom of the pan. Add salmon and sprinkle generously with dill. Cover and cook until fish becomes opaque and underside in lightly browned. Turn and sprinkle with dill. Cover and cook until flaky and thickest part of fillet is cooked through.
**A well-seasoned cast iron skillet works best**

I like to serve this with a baked potato or Butter and Herb Mashed Red Potatoes (I'll post this recipe next week!). Enjoy!

Mellanie Szereto
Romance...With a Kick!

No comments:

Post a Comment