Sunday, July 25, 2010

Time to Play Catch Up

Have three weeks really passed since my last post? This has been a busy July. The hubby, kids, and I spent part of a week at Salt Fork State Park, a short drive from the site of hubby's 62nd annual family reunion. Yes, 62 years in a row. Amazing, isn't it? We got to catch up with people we see once a year, ate lots of good food, played Bingo, and had our official meeting. Hubby is president. I am secretary/treasurer. What a fun day!

A couple days later hubby and son left to go camping for four days. I stayed home and wrote and edited about 12 hours every day. Very productive with a quiet house. : )

I have also been trying to keep up with the garden. The green beans and zucchini have buried me, but I love having fresh vegetables. The eggplant and tomatoes have started as well. I promise to post some recipes using those ingredients!

And on to preparing for the RWA National Conference. I have the proper business professional clothing, business cards, a tentative schedule of events, appointments, and workshops, a polished manuscript, my pitch, and a stomach full of butterflies. Excited, but nervous. Am I ready to meet and mingle with 2100 writers of romance? Sounds overwhelming. I think I'll take a deep breath and dive in!

Mellanie Szereto
Romance...With a Kick!

No comments:

Post a Comment