Sunday, August 7, 2011

Whew!

In between first edits for Two Knights of Passion and final edits for Two if by Sea, I've been working on Bewitching Desires 3: Two Fated For One and judging entries for the Indiana Golden Opportunity writing contest. Final edits are done, first edits are in progress, Two Fated For One is nearing completion, and I finished the last of my judging today. That brings me to the "Whew!"

For those entering contests and submitting to agents and publishers, I have a few words of advice.

**Be sure to follow the formatting guidelines.** Every entry I judged had points taken off for not following standard formatting guidelines. Don't try to squeeze in extra words from your manuscript by beginning new chapters at the tops of pages or on the same page as the previous chapter. This makes a BAD impression. It makes the writer look unprofessional. Take the time to research acceptable fonts, how to make a header, what margin size to use, etc. The points for formatting are giveaways for those who follow directions!

Mellanie Szereto
Romance...With A Kick!

No comments:

Post a Comment