Sunday, February 21, 2010

Tickling My Muse

My muse is alive and...musing? Although I've had a couple of days with little or no time to write, I'm managing to average that 1000 words a day so far this month. Yesterday I banged out over a thousand words in the two hours I had available. That made up for the days with only a couple hundred in the fifteen minutes here and ten minutes there.

I started a critique group several weeks ago as well. My crit buddies, Lisa and Mark, are giving me some excellent feedback. After writing and reading my work, I often overlook simple mistakes or don't notice holes in the plot. I have all the backstory in my head and have to make a conscious effort to remember that my readers won't have that advantage. I hope Mark and Lisa are getting as much from the group as I am.

Well, back to the keyboard!

Mellanie Szereto
Romance...With a Kick!

No comments:

Post a Comment