Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Wednesday's Recipe--Chicken Ranch Dip and Artichoke Dip

I started working on a new Sextet story yesterday. I have to thank my book group for the inspiration. We had our monthly meeting Monday evening, and I received such positive encouragement, congratulations, and well wishes on my first sale. These women LOVE books, so they've been genuinely interested in my journey to publication. Thanks, ladies!

I signed up for snacks this month for book group. Here are two tasty dips I took:

Chicken Ranch Dip

4 1/2 oz. can of white meat chicken or 2 chicken breast tenderloins, cooked and chopped
2 tablespoons margarine
2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
8 oz. cream cheese, softened (I use Neufchatel)
2 teaspoons ranch dressing mix (about 1/4 envelope)
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder

Saute onion in margarine. Combine all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. Blend well. Transfer to oven-safe dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Serve with crackers or chips.

Artichoke Dip

1 can artichokes, drained and chopped
1 cup mayonnaise (I use light)
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder

Combine all ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Transfer to oven-safe dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Serve with crackers or chips.

I usually double both recipes. Yummy!

Mellanie Szereto
Romance...With a Kick!

No comments:

Post a Comment